Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top Reads of 2014

It's that time again.  I evaluate what I've read this year.  My goal was to read 10,000 pages this year--a goal I just fell short of in 2013, and to read more non-fiction than biographies and fiction.  So...

I finished 41 books in 2014.
     * 7 Fiction
     * 19 Non-fiction
     * 15 Biographies

I read a total of.....10,601 pages.  Goal Accomplished.

Top Reads of 2014:

1. The Blessed and Boundless God by George Swinnock
2. Jesus on Every Page by David Murray
3. Gulag--A History by Anne Applebaum
4. Broken Minds by Steve & Robyn Bloem
5. The Hiding Place by Corrie TenBoom
6. Martyn Lloyd Jones: The First Forty Years: Iain Murray
7. Into Their Hands at any Cost by Harvey Yoder
8. The Godly Man's Picture by Thomas Watson
9. The Secret Lives of Saints by Daphne Braham
10. Crazy Busy by Kevin DeYoung

Looks like such a tiny, simple list as I briefly glance at it.  Many hours were spent in these 10 books.  These 10 books made an impact on me in 2014.  I hope you have the chance to read a few.

My reading challenge for 2015:
     *12,000 pages
     *All 3 books of William Gurnall's Christian in Complete Armour
     *Iain Murray's Martyn Lloyd Jones: The Fight of Faith
     * William Perkins Volume 1

No comments:

Post a Comment